Thursday, May 17, 2012

the maxi skirt

Maxi skirts have made a huge comeback. I remember wearing them in junior high and there for a little while, everything got super short. Skirts. Pants. Shorts. I'm not the biggest fan of short-short. I like to be comfortable [and who's really comfortable when you're worried about flashing the world?] Therefore, with the maxi coming back in style, I am one happy girl!

If you aren't sure you can "rock" the maxi, Lauren Conrad recently did a blog post about how to wear it! Short people [like me] always worry its going to make us look even shorter! But she encourages EVERYONE to rock the maxi. No matter your height or shape :) Just another reason we would totally be best friends.

I've seen tons of DIY maxi skirts/dresses and I've decided I want to make one myself! It'll give me a good excuse to break out the sewing machine [that I so desperately asked for my birthday LAST YEAR and have yet to get it out of the box...I know, I know. I'm awful.]

So I figured I would share with you some of the DIY's I've seen on blogs and Pinterest! I'm not sure which one I'll use, but I'll be sure to blog about it when I get around to making it!! I'm excited about picking out a fun color fabric!


Maxi Tutorial #1





P.s. Do you like my new look?? :)

Maxi Tutorial #3
 


No comments:

Post a Comment