Well it sure has been a while since I've posted... I haven't really been in much of a mood to write. I've been doing this whole "new life change" thing and it's kind of taken over my life. So for today, I'm just going to give you some of my random thoughts...
• Cruelty. Sometimes I wonder why people are so cruel... What has happened in their life to make them act that way? Were they bullied as a kid? Were they bullied as an adult? What in the world could possess someone to be so mean-hearted? Have they just allowed Satan to get the best of them? And all at the same time, keep a smile on their face while they're doing it? That just completely boggles my mind.
• Death. Death has been on my mind lately. I know that's probably such a dark and deep thought. But death isn't so dark if you think about it. If you are a Christian, you get to go to heaven. FOREVER! You get to worship the God who created you. FOREVER!! That also boggles my mind!
• Heaven. At church (Church at Rock Creek), Mark has been teaching a series called "Left Behind." It has really got my mind thinking about what we are really living for here on Earth. We were created by God. We are part of His beautiful plan some how. He has given us the best gift of all, salvation. He has given us a book that is God-breathed. And the fact that we get the opportunity to worship Him for the rest of our lives, living and not living, just completely amazes me!!! I love how my mind can not entertain the idea of forever. I try and think about how long forever will be... and I sit there and get chills. Heaven is going to be such a glorious home!!!!!
• Worry. Even though I like to think that I'm a calm, laid back kind of gal, I'm really not in the least bit. I'm always either worrying about something or planning something. Or both. I always have something on my mind. Whether it's life, money, family, friends... I'm constantly thinking about everything throughout the day. So much that at night, I have to take in so many deep breaths to get myself to stop thinking about everything. I will lay in bed for an hour trying to fall asleep because my mind won't stop racing. It's ridiculous.
• Future. Going back to the worrying part, my future is something I think about all the dang time. I think about where I'm going to be in the next 5 years... 10 years... 20 years. Don't get me wrong. I know that I'm not the one who determines my future. God is. But that doesn't help me not think about it.
I know this post isn't very "girly"... but I'm a girl. And these are my thoughts. So technically, it's kind of girly.