Tuesday, March 29, 2011

spring forward blog challenge: 11 day catch up!

Wow! I haven't blogged in 11 whole days! I knew there was something missing in my life :)

California was amazing as always. I am so thankful for the trip and for the rest and relaxation I got! There will be a blog post coming soon dedicated solely to the trip! Be watching for it.



Alright, so let's get to the important stuff. My 11-day catch up for the Spring Forward Blog Challenge my friend Aleasa is doing! Yes...I am going to do all 11 days in one post! So bare with me :)

Day 6 – Tell us about your best friend when you were 16, and where you two stand today.


Well when I was 16, I had two very best friends. Sara & Samantha. I am so thankful to still have them as best friends today! Most people can't say that. We share so many funny memories!! And when we all three get together again, we go back to where we left off. I love that about us.

Day 7 – Tell us about your wedding or dream wedding.
Oh boy... if you know me, you know I LOOOOVVVVEEEE weddings. So I'm not even sure that I have time for this question. But I will tell you this - my wedding will be one of the most special days of my life. I started praying for my husband [whoever he may be] in 5th grade and I've been praying for him ever since! I'm praying for him to have patience. Since after all... look who I am. I'm praying for him to have all of the qualities a Christian man should have. So whether it's big, small, fancy, simple... having a wedding at all will be a dream come true for me. [does that sound pathetic? Oh well!]

Day 8 – The best advice you've ever received.
The best advice I've ever received? Hmmmm.... I've been given lots of great advice over the years. Mainly from my parents. So here it goes...
1.) Put Christ first in EVERYTHING you do.
2.) Always be the better person, even if you REALLY don't want to.
3.) Don't care so much about what people think about you. Just be yourself.
4.) You don't need money to make you happy.
5.) Love people. No matter what the cost.

Day 9 – A photo of your last significant purchase. Did it satisfy a need or a want?
So it's not exactly like this one in the picture...but I recently bought a Coach swingpack. I've been wanting one for a while! and when I went to the Coach outlet last week in California, I finally got one!



Day 10 – What is your favorite way to pamper yourself?
There's quite a combination... but it could be any of the following:
• getting my hair cut/colored - I loooovvvvee getting my hair washed at the salon, especially when they massage your head! ahhhh
• getting a mani/pedi
• shopping

Day 11 – The greatest vacation or trip you've ever had.
This would probably have to be my first trip to Los Angeles. This was when I absolutely fell in LOVE with California! You can read all about it and see pictures here.

Day 12 – A photograph of the town you grew up in. What did you love/hate about it?
Oh Pine Bluff...what a town you are. I'm not gonna say that I hated growing up in Pine Bluff. I had some pretty great friends and some pretty fun memories there! So I don't regret that I grew up there...after all...that's where I got all my street cred ;)

Day 13 – Where are you spiritually? In a valley or on a mountain?
I'm not really on a valley or a mountain. But things are really good. I've had my mountain and valley moments...probably all within this past month. But right now, I'm just trying to stay out of the valley. My faith has definitely been tested this past month and a half. My family is going through a really trying time right now. So it's been extra hard for me to remain faithful and remember that He is in control and His plan is greater than our own.

Day 14 – If you had unlimited resources, what would your life look like? (Have fun with this one!)
Ohhhh snap. I WILL have fun with this one :) I will let the pictures tell for me....









I would also have a fabulous husband & 4 kids......but I can't really find pictures of them yet :)



Day 15 – Something you don’t leave the house without. Why?
My cell phone...I absolutely can NOT live without it!! Isn't that so sad?


Day 16 - What do you miss most about your childhood?
I miss life being so simple. When you're a kid, the most of your worries is what your having for dinner that night. Or what little neighbor Tommy is thinking about you. When you become a grown up, you have much bigger worries. Worries about your future. Worries about money. Worries about jobs. Life gets so complicated so fast. Somedays I wish I could just go back to being a kid for a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment