Monday, March 7, 2011

Thoughts of Spring {Blog Party}





Yall know how I like Link-Up Parties! Today it's a "get to know you" kind of link up. If you want to participate, link up here.


A little bit about me: well even though it's slightly obvious, my name is Amy Lynn Wentz. I'm 22 [not for long though - my birthday is in exactly two weeks] I'm originally from White Hall, AR and now I live in Little Rock, AR! I graduated from OBU [Ouachita Baptist University - the REAL OBU] in May 2010.


How would people describe your personality? (If they could only use ONE word.) umm... Loud? haha I don't know..
Are they right? YES! :)

What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life? seeing that I have some experience with this, probably ANY celebrity. even Charlie Sheen. Story Time: when I was in Los Angeles for spring break in 2009, some friends and I were at California Pizza Kitchen close to Rodeo Drive. We were sitting, talking, eating, and I look over and see Jonathan Jackson! Who is Jonathan Jackson? You know..the guy from Tuck Everlasting! But unfortunately, I knew him from General Hospital. I say unfortunately because I only watched General Hospital with my grandmother! Well he and his brother were leaving and walked right past our table. As soon as he passed, I screamed out "ARE YOU JONATHAN JACKSON?" He turns around.. and says, "Yes, I am." The first words I could get out of my mouth were "OH MY GOSH. MY GRANDMOTHER LOVES YOU IN GENERAL HOSPITAL." Wow. What a great way to boost his ego? Anyway.. he was super cool and took pics with all of us.


Richard Jackson, me and Jonathan Jackson
I will cherish that moment FOREVER. He even asked us to come to his concert that following night to see his band eNation! But sadly we were leaving. :(


I also had an instance where I talked to Spencer Pratt & Heidi Montag on the phone once... LONG story short - I was so star struck that I called Heidi pretty!! Which she actually was before all of that surgery!! That was in May 2009! 2009 was just a year of celebrities for me!

What is your comfort food/drink? anything cheesy & carb-loaded or sweet.. for real.

Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done? What is it? You probably already know this about me, but I'm a dreamer. I have MANY dreams for my life. One of which is about to [hopefully] come true! A road trip to California! but it might actually be just a road trip BACK from California [flying there, driving back] It's still in the works - not sure if it's going to happen. But if it does, I will be one happy girl!

Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres? I love romantic comedies. LOVE them. I'm a sucker for the romance..but I also love to laugh. So it's the best of both worlds!


Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types? I actually enjoy a lot of different styles of music. I thoroughly enjoy a great jazz piece. I also love listening to classical, instrumental music. But you will also catch me jamming in my car to Ke$ha, Glee, Bruno Mars, Mutemath, Usher, even the Biebs. Can't say I've got the "fever" though. I'm pretty well-rounded when it comes to music. Just please don't make me listen to heavy metal. It would not be pretty.

If you inherited a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with your money? The first thing you would like to THINK you would do is donate some it to either a church or non-profit organization. But would that really be the first thing you do with it? I'm honestly not sure. I would probably deposit it straight into my savings. Then take some out a little at a time to buy a few nice things & donate some of it here and there. Just being honest :)

Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul). Food. If you've been following mine and Kate's weight loss blog, you will know this. I love food. LOVE it. So going on a life-changing diet is hard!!! But you just suck it up and do it.

If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go? LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA!! No doubt about it. I absolutely, positively LOVE it there. Can't get enough of it.

Strange Talent? Can you juggle basketballs, put your legs behind your head or perform some other strange feat? I can twist my tongue into that weird 3-leaf clover thing? I can also tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue. I can also pick things up with my toes? haha I think that's about it.

What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of? Would you think I'm weird if I say gasoline? it smells so good! also - fresh baked anything. cookies. cakes. muffins. love it!

If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in? Chanel. Dior. Dolce & Gabbana. Michael Kors.

What is your greatest fear or strange phobia? Most people would say heights. But it's not even the heights that gets me. It's the falling part. If I'm enclosed in something, but really high up, I'm ok. I don't get scared. If it's something I can fall out of or fall off of, I won't do it!! I hate the fear of knowing I could fall.

What is your greatest accomplishment? Honestly? Graduating college. To this day, I am so surprised with myself that I actually graduated college. You think this might be petty or silly. But I'm serious. College was always one of those givens in life. I would graduate high school, go to college, get a job. That was it. But when I got there and found out how different it was from high school and that you actually had to TRY in class and you had to MAKE YOURSELF go to class, it was hard! I loved college. I just hated class! So the fact that not only did I finish, but that I finished in 4 years, completely blows my mind. I'm so thankful for it though!


4 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd say "hey" via the party! :)
    I had fun reading your answers. Your Jonathan Jackson story is awe-some haha!

    ~Co

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Nice to meet you. My name is Amy. I had planned to try and get around to reading all of these links, but more kept appearing and I have run out of time. I think these links disappear when the party ends, so since I will no longer be able to find your blog, please contact me and let me know if you are interested in me still reading your link and I can come back at another date and do so. I have throuly enjoyed learning about everyone I have read about so far and would love to know more about you too! Hope you have enjoyed the party...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I found you through the party :) I definitely feel your pain on the food thing...it's my biggest weekness too! I enjoyed reading your post, and I would love for you to check out mine!
    Have a great week!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to come back and meet you more. What was Jonathan Jacksons brother in. I too have a food weakness. And good job graduating. I loved "I just hated class!"

    ReplyDelete