Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Liebster Award



Who doesn’t love an award? I received The Liebster Blog Award nomination from a fellow OBU grad, Brooke of Perfectly Imperfect-Life as the  Hayes Family (http://lifeasthehayes.blogspot.com). What’s a Liebster Award you ask? Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. Thanks for the nomination Brooke! 


Here are the rules should you choose to accept: 
1. List 11 facts about yourself. 
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you. 
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award. 
4. Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate. 
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award. 
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. 

So here it goes... 

Eleven Facts About Me… 
1) I was born in Ponchatoula, LA. So I was born a cajun!
2) My dream job is to be a cosmetologist! Yes, even though I've already gotten a bachelor's degree. :)
3) For 20 years of my life, I hated tomatoes. Now I'll eat them on just about anything - except salads.
4) I've been hit by a car in a Wal-Mart parking lot. (Yes, my body - not my car.) It's quite an interesting story.
5) I shared a car with my mom until I was a senior in college.
6) I am addicted to Diet Coke.
7) My last supper would be a crawfish dinner with LOTS of french bread!
8) I'm obsessed with fashion, even though it might not show by the clothes I wear.
9) I want to be more daring with hair styles & lip color but I always chicken out.
10) Since my boyfriend is from Louisiana (and since I was born there), I am an AR Razorback fan who will root for LSU when they aren't playing AR :)
11) I can't wait to start my own family one day!!

11 Questions Brooke gave me… 
1) If you could trade places with a celebrity for a week, who would you trade with? Without a doubt: REESE WITHERSPOON! If we were allowed to have idols, she would be mine. I love her - we would totally be BFFs!
2) What's your most impressive recipe? Probably my homemade alfredo sauce! It's pretty stellar! Or my pumpkin cookies - I get lots of compliments on both! (and I don't mind sharing if you want the recipe!)
3) What's your favorite thing about fall? Pumpkin everything, the smell of burning leaves and FOOTBALL!
4) If you could build your dream house, what would be one thing it would have to have? A huge kitchen!! I love cooking & baking so I know most of my time would be spent in there.
5) What's your favorite song, new or old? "Then" by Brad Paisley (mushy, I know)
6) What is your favorite TV Show? This is a hard one. I have many TV show obesessions. How about a Top 5? (in no particular order) Revenge, Modern Family, Nashville, Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill.
7) What's your best makeup or skin care secret or tip? Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! A good face of make up will be determined by how much you moisturize. (minimum twice a day!)
8) If you could be good at one thing you're not already good at, what would it be? A sport - probably softball!
9) What's your favorite place to shop? Park Plaza Mall! :)
10) Do you shop on Etsy?  If so, what is your favorite shop? Yes! I have a few favorite shops: Paper Clouds (http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThePaperClouds), Cutie-Patooties (http://www.etsy.com/shop/cutiepatooties1), Sincerely Yours Paper (http://www.etsy.com/shop/SincerelyYoursPaper)
11) What's your favorite place you have ever vacationed? Los Angeles, CA! It's my absolute favorite city in the United States!
My 11 Questions for My Blog Nominees:
1) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2) What is one dream you wish you could fulfill for your life?
3) If you are a mom (to a child or a furry child-pets), what is your best piece of advice? If not, you can skip this one! :)
4) What is your favorite song?
5) If you had to choose a meal for a "last supper", what would it be?
6) Post a picture of one of your favorite people and explain why they are your favorite!
7) What is your favorite TV show?
8) What's your dream vacation spot?
9) What's your favorite Olympic sport?
10) What is your favorite accessory to wear?
11) What is your favorite online shop?
The Five Blogs I Nominate 
1) Bethany @ Bloom Create
2) Madaline @ Paper Clouds
3) Leslyn @ Leslyn's Lovely Life
5) Allison @ Always Allison

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment