Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Being Thankful

As Thanksgiving Day approaches, I can't help but think about all of the things I'm thankful for. No, I did not take part in the "Days of Thanks" on Facebook. Partly, because I would end up being THAT person who got the day wrong and said it was Day 14 on November 16th. And also because I would just forget to post everyday. But I am very thankful for many things this year.

I am thankful for my growing relationship with Jesus Christ. I learn so many things with each day about his mercy and grace. I am finding that His plan for my life is so much greater than my own. Everything happens for a reason, even though we may never understand the reasons until we are reunited with Him in Heaven one day. I am also finding that sometimes he allows us to hurt, only so that one day we will be even more thankful for the many blessing He gives to us. I'm thankful that He loves me unconditionally no matter how many times I might have failed Him. I'm thankful He still loves me even when I'm not thankful every single day.





I am thankful for my amazing family and friends. I love being able to spend time with all of those closest to me. I know that at any point in time, I could call one of them if I ever needed anything. They would rush to my side. They would lend me money. They would give me a place to stay and food to eat. They would do anything for me. And I would do the same for them, especially my four precious nieces.


I am thankful for my boyfriend. This set up was definitely the Lord's doing. I am thankful for how wonderful he is to me, treating me a like a true queen. I love how patient he is. I love that he desires to be a godly husband and father someday. I love that he's always so open to new ideas and my crazy dreams! I love that just a little over 3 months ago, we had no clue of each other's existence. And now I can't possibly imagine my life without him in it. He makes me want to be the best version of myself that I can be. THAT, my friends, is a love worth waiting for.


I am thankful for my job. Not only do I have a full-time job, but it's at a place that I love. Ouachita is my home away from home. I made so many memories here. And the fact that I get to recruit for this amazing university is a dream come true!

I'm sure there are many other things I could list out that I'm thankful for. But that might keep you here all day. I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!! Eat lots of turkey & pumpkin pie. I know I will. :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment