Sunday, December 2, 2012

Easy Christmas Treat {Southern Swap Blog Hop}


Today we are joining the Southern Swap Blog Hop!
Click here for more info!
Brittney from Razorback Britt is here to talk about easy Christmas treats!
You can enter to win a Starbucks gift card and mug. Here are the rules and how to enter:


Hi y’all! I’m Brittney, a lover of Christmas, owner of one big sweet tooth, and a workin’ gal who is pressed for time.
I love Christmas so much. Exhibit A: My sequined Santa vest and hat.
All these things put together mean that I choose easy recipes for my Christmas goodies. I’ve known Amy since college, where we suffered through, I mean took many classes together. I’m so glad she is letting me share some easy Christmas treats with you.
One of my favorite tools for easy cooking is the crockpot. For parties, I love to bring this crockpot hot chocolate. It is decadent and delicious, but it couldn’t be easier. My tip: keep the crockpot on low or warm, or you will scorch the hot chocolate as it sits. No one likes burnt chocolate.
Another easy Christmas treat is to make puppy chow. Is puppy chow a regional thing? It’s Chex cereal covered in peanut butter, chocolate, powdered sugar, and other wonderful things. I love to gift little containers of puppy chow. But I don’t make the “regular” puppy chow, I make these fun types of puppy chow! They couldn’t be easier! This pumpkin spice puppy chow uses Biscoff spread (yum!) and pumpkin pie spice. Or another easy Christmas treat is this peppermint puppy chow, which she calls reindeer food!
And I love Christmas cookies as much as the next gal, but the time it takes to roll the dough, cut them out, and frost them…well, I don’t have that kind of time. So for an easy Christmas cookie alternative, I love to make these chocolate pretzel bites.
Photo from here.
They are just pretzels with a Hershey kiss and an M&M. I have made them with some seasonal kiss flavors, like the Candy Cake kisses, and with regular kisses, and both versions are delish!
Well, those are my simple Christmas treats. This way you can enjoy all your holiday goodies, without stressing and overcomplicating things!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Britt! I'm gonna have to try that hot chocolate recipe in my crock pot!

    ReplyDelete