Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Oh, How Pinteresting!!

Well, I'm just on a blog-roll this week! I couldn't miss the opportunity to participate in Oh, How Pinteresting with Michelle over at The Vintage Apple!

Today's topic will be crafty things to do for the home. As most of you know, I will be moving into my first house in August! I couldn't be more thrilled. It's a little two bdrm/one bath house and it's perfect for just me! (And a few guests, of course!) So since I have a couple of months, I want to get crafty (aka save as much money as possible) for some trendy, cute home accents.

If you've tried one of the following projects, PLEASE let me know how it turned out for you! I'd love a good heads up if the project is harder than it looks.

pinned
This wreath is too cute!! Loving the colors & the simplicity. I might have my mom help me out this with one. She's pretty crafty, especially with wreaths!

pinned
I love this look! I'm still looking for a small kitchen table - but I'm hoping to find one similar to this. So the burlap runner would be great! I'm also liking the hurricane vases & candles as well. That seems pretty inexpensive right?

pinned
My bedroom is pretty rustic with a homemade farmhouse headboard (built by my father) and I have white & tan bedding. I've found a tan shag rug (since the whole house is hardwood) and I'm always looking for cute accents to go with the white. These would be perfect to hang pictures on!

pinned
If you know me at all, you know my love for cooking. So a lot of my time is spent in the kitchen...or it will once I get all moved in! I've never had cute canisters for my flour & sugar - so this is a great idea! Looks pretty easy.

pinned
Ok - I've actually tried this before! But I did gold instead of white. I'm linking the white more - and I didn't have the ribbon on top. But it turned out pretty cool! So I pinned this so I will remember to do it again!

pinned
So this looks a little complicated :) therefore, I have forwarded this on to my father (the headboard builder..remember?) He is VERY crafty when it comes to building. So he's my personal "Jeff the Builder"

pinned
I now have couches for my living room (I had some before, but they were old and needed slip covers) so now I need pillows to match!! I have a pretty rug that will go in my living room - chocolate brown, tan, light green & a pretty turquoise blue. And since my couches will be brown, I'm thinking either tan, green or blue pillows. Or some of all three colors? Regardless - this pillow looks pretty easy to recreate!


6 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to do that decal & mason jar thing for a long time for my kitchen! I think they are so cute! And I love that table behind that sofa.. sooo pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could make wreaths, but i think i have a mental block that prevents me from doing it! that one you have picked out is beautiful! i love your blog, and i'm your newest follower! :) happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the spray-paint-and-rubber-band jars a lot - I've been wanting to make them for awhile now but haven't gotten around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wreath is amazing! I really love those frames.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a DIY theme for OHPW too!

    I'm a new follower! Love your blog! Check out mine and follow back if you would like :)

    xoxo, Jenna
    ramblingsfromyourstruly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that table, I will definitely have to get my handymen (Dad & Husband) on that!! Love your blog, I'm an Arkansas girl myself ;)

    ReplyDelete